Thursday, March 17, 2011

Prologue

I actually had pizza for dinner Monday night.  I had one of my frozen Totino's three-cheese pizzas.  Cheap, fairly low-cal, and easy to make.  Limited dish dirtying, which is important when you don't have a dishwasher.  It was pretty decent.  The sad part, though, was that it was my only one, because Jason had eaten the rest of them.  And all my mac and cheese!  He is apparently a man after my own heart, seeking out easy-to-make-processed-cheesy-foods whenever possible.  I need to go to the grocery store, since I haven't been in a while (hadn't even gone in a while before the trip to St. Louis because of Mardi Gras).  But, it's been a busy week with my (crappy) midterm, Claire's dinner, and just being back at work after being out.  Positive, though, is that I was able to get caught up at work pretty quickly.
Speaking of, kind of a crazy day at work today.  One of my students has been missing stuff all week (during midterms, mind you!) and I finally got him in today.  I asked what was up and he told me that he's been distracted because he just found out that the man who raised him as a father might not actually be his biological father.  That's a fun thing to handle when you're 19.  Or 31.  Or ever.  Definitely a new one to me.  As Derek said, that's not in the job description.  But I was glad he was willing to talk to me.  He said I was the first person he had told.  Hopefully I was helpful, but I'd really like him to talk to a professional... 
Anyway, I think my first official pizza since your arrival in Mexico will likely occur tomorrow night--I'm thinking Fleur for the basketball game, after I hang out with Kate and get my hair cut.  (Another shade darker, here I come!)  Fleur has to be good luck, right?  Rock Chalk! 

No comments:

Post a Comment